Friday, February 20, 2009

Mice: It's All-Out War!

Today I got in my car, opened up the console that sits between the two front seats to get my sunglasses, and found crumbs on my sunglasses case. Hmmm, what do you think those crumbs were from. Yep, the mice are back. They/he/she/it had ripped into my snack bar and eaten half of it, leaving crumbs and packaging and stuff all over. After calling my husband - who is in Tennessee until the 28th - and then dropping off a friend at the doctor, I went to Home Depot. It's war, people. I bought a two-pack of Black & Decker Electronic Pest Repellers, a package of "Real Kill" Mouse Killer Place Packs that have poisonous (yes, poison!) tidbits that these fellers will eat and then go home to die, and a box of moth balls. Moth balls, so I've been told, should keep the mice from making nests in the area where the moth balls are. The electronic pest repellers emit a high pitched sound that is supposed to "drive out" mice and other pests, and the poison...well, you know what that will do.

I really love animals and I'm all for animals being free and enjoying life...but not in my car! I've had it. For the last seven months, I've let my husband catch one mouse (sometimes two) at a time and then drive them to the local park to set them free. Up until now, he'd caught at least 12 in his "live trap" and driven them to the park. Well, now that Donald is out of town for two-three weeks at a time, I am not driving these mice to the park! If the electronic pest repellers and the moth balls don't get them to leave, then they'd better get their affairs in order because they will be going to the great big cheese wheel in Heaven. Do I make myself clear??!!

No comments: