Friday, February 6, 2009

Gracie's Bad Pet Salon Experience

Without naming names or even giving the location, I must rant about Gracie's bad pet hair salon experience yesterday. She was so depressed and angst-ridden when I picked her up, she couldn't get out of there fast enough. When the "lady" who cut Gracie's hair handed her to me over the gate, she clawed her way up my neck and wouldn't let go! And the lady admitted to me that she'd been calling Gracie "Lucy" the whole time! The poor girl must have been so confused, thinking "Why are these people cutting the hair off my feet, trimming my backside, and calling me 'Lucy'? Doesn't my momma love me no more?" :-(

Gracie doesn't need much of a hair cut - just the hair on her feet and backside mainly, and maybe a little around her ears - but she came out of there looking like she'd been put through the ringer. I will NEVER take her to that place again and I probably will never take her to any other pet salon either. She's been to another pet hair salon (inside PETSmart) and that went pretty well. But, from now on, I will trim her toe hairs and her butt hairs myself and if it looks horrible, then at least she won't be scarred for life!

1 comment:

Grandma Jan said...

Poor Gracie. I'm so sorry to hear that her beauty salon trip did not go well. But I'm sure she got lots of loving from family to make up for it.
Jan