Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Sister Needs a Blog

I was chatting with my sister, Cathy, last night and she was filling me in on all the crazy guys she's met over the last several months. I told her that she needs a Blog! It's very cathartic (that's the word I was looking for, Cathy!) to write things down. I have to keep my Blog pretty clean (aka, no obsenities such as I'd use in real life) because several people find my blog and then go to my business site. (I want to keep up appearances, you know.) Anyway, I told her she could do her blog and rant about all the crazy guys she meets, the insane situations she finds herself in, raising her two teenage daughters, being a new grandma, and all the things our mother tells her that really make her want to jump in front of a bus. Cathy is very funny and we've joked before that we should take our act on the road just so we can discuss all the things our mother has told us throughout the years that squashed our self-esteeem. There's a good title for your blog, Cath! "It's all mom's fault."Oh she'd love that! Anyone out there who knows our mom - you'll have to keep this to yourself. We don't want MOM jumping in front of a bus!

So, does anyone out there have any ideas on what my sister could name her blog? I'm thinking "She's Just Not That Into You" but she might get sued by Greg Behrendt, the guy who wrote "He's Just Not That Into You" (now a motion picture releasing on Feburary 6th). Or how about "I'm a Bleepin' Vegetarian" because of that guy she dated a few times who asked her if she wanted to come over to watch a movie and eat chicken wings! Here's a few other suggestions I have:
  • "What the Hell Was I Thinking: Misadventures in Dating After Divorce"
  • "In My Next Life I'm Coming Back Alone" (this was a saying Cathy wanted to have made into a bumper sticker years ago...I love that line!)
  • "Cathy's Clowns: How Many Idiots Are Out There, Anyway?"
  • "Maybe Being a Lesbian Wouldn't Be So Bad" (just kidding...not that there's anything wrong with that!)
If you read this blog and would like to leave a comment on this subject, please do! Or you can email me with your input and I'll pass it along to Cathy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG--talk about funny.
I like the Cathy's Clown one.
How about maybe "How Men Created Lesbian's". "How to know that he is not the right one". "Being Alone Looks Better Every Day".

Melissa said...

How about "Being Single Looks Better Every Day"...Alone sounds sad. :-)