Friday, December 4, 2009

Life in Tennessee

At some point, I guess I'll have to change the name of this blog since we aren't in Minnesota any longer. But for now, I'll leave it as it is. Tomorrow, there's a "winter storm warning" for the Knoxville & Smoky Mountains areas. Wow! They're predicting a possible 3-6" and it's amusing to see how serious they take it down here in the south. It's been in the 40's which felt cold to me until I remembered what COLD really feels like in Minny. It's in the 20's up there and it'll just get colder. I certainly don't miss that aspect of Minnesota, but I do miss everything else.

Adapting to Tennessee has been difficult. And I'm not rushing to do so. There are rumors that the company my husband works for may be sold AGAIN, so forgive me if I don't finish unpacking!

Nicholas is enjoying school, and we were lucky to find a house to rent in the school system that we wanted, so I'm thankful for that. He was adapting to life here very well until his best friend, Hayley, had to move away to New Jersey in November. Not a day goes by that he doesn't mention her in some way. When we pass by her townhome development, I see him from the rearview mirror looking out the window with misty eyes. It breaks my heart. How he feels about Hayley leaving is how I continue to feel about leaving Minnesota.

Although it was extra cloudy, this is a
beautiful view in the Great Smoky Mountains (October 2009)

1 comment:

Grandma Jan said...

I miss you all too. So glad we had a chance to talk.
Have a happy holiday and be thankful that you don't have icy, snowy roads to contend with there.