Thursday, June 18, 2009

Less Than Two Weeks to Go!

Things are moving along here at a quick pace. I am feeling very overwhelmed & excited all at the same time. I've made my list, and checked it twice...Santa's not the only one who does that you know! :) And now I'm getting things done - when I'm not goofing around on Facebook...man, that thing is a time sucker! I still have some cupboards to sort through, then it's on to packing bags and getting things set aside to take with us.

Donald is in Tennessee until the 26th and then will be flying up to Minnesota for the last time before we move. Yay! The movers come to pack up our house on the 29th and then load up the moving truck on the 30th. We will be leaving town shortly thereafter. Our van will be loaded with things we'll need for the week - we'll be staying up in the Smoky Mountains for several nights once we get down to Tennessee and then we'll need some essentials at the house to tide us over until the boxes and furniture arrive. How many times have I been through this? Too many. This will be my fourth move since 2000 and I'm wondering where my final "resting place" will be...not to sound morbid or anything!

Once the packers arrive, I will be taking lots of pics to show the progress. And, of course, there will be lots more pics on the other end showing the progress of moving in.

The most important lesson I've learned in all these moves is this: Take the coffee pot with you instead of letting the packers pack it. Move-in day requires coffee and if you can't find the coffee pot, then all is lost!


No comments: