Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy 6th Birthday, Nicholas!

It's been a few weeks now, but I'm finally blogging about Nicholas' birthday. My baby boy turned SIX on Thursday, April 23! To celebrate, we spent all day on April 22nd at the Mall of America, riding rides, and then had dinner at Rainforest Cafe. He had a great birthday! And it was nice to have Donald home for the week from Tennessee to celebrate!
Nicholas after a favorite ride - he loves it!
Dessert time at Rainforest Cafe: Pudding "mud" with a gummy worm...yum. Does he look like a happy kid?!
Birthday presents with Mommy & Daddy
on his actual birthday, April 23rd
Saturday, April 25, we had a birthday party for Nicholas with three boys from his Kindergarten class...a good method of birth control. If I ever thought I needed more than one kid, this was a reason NOT to have any more. :) It was a lot of fun for the boys, and I even got a chance to race Evan in a game of Wii MarioKart! Nicholas loves Scooby-Doo nowadays. He had a SD cake and even got to wear his SD shirt for the occasion. His friends all knew he loved SD so two out of the three got him something SD related! He also got some Star Wars toys; guess it's time to introduce him to SW, huh? I can't wait - there's nothing like watching a movie or show I've grown up with with my little man! He's still trying to get over watching "The Wizard of Oz" and "E.T." :-)
The Scooby-Doo cake
Make a Wish!!

Balloon Fight!!

Scooby-Doo Matchbox cars

Star Wars: Clone Wars figurine
His friend's expression (on the left) is priceless!



I'll be posting these & more pics from the birthday celebration on my Facebook page, so check it out!

1 comment:

Grandma Jan said...

Great birthday photos and updates. I feel like I was there. Wait, I was there. Happy birthday again to a great SIX year old going on 20.
Love, G Zan